Tuesday, March 4, 2008

the last two posts were done and and xed out. for some reason. I haven't written much lately, like its been months since my journal has gone like this. today I wrote down some music jake told me, philadelphia experiment and Roy hargrove "juicy" okay hmm so instead of writing i've been talking to my camera, like a video journal so to say. i've done them before, and before its really funny when I watch it later. remember max?? brady says the video could have been done better, so how can I make my travel videos better?? I dunno.

so hongdae, the major is glass and ceramics, glass hmmm thats an interesting field but the glass i've known has gotten me into trouble, along with breaking glass is like the worst thing ever. so as long as i'm above the influence then it'd be a cool field.

so I have to wait a year, 09, to attend. what am I going to do for a year. anyways its okay, people do school and then have no idea what to do, me I'll prepare to do school and then kick ass when I do school. cool. I could have graduated, dude I said all this stuff in the last blog I think. okay well i'm going to yonsei campus, student club we'll see how it is. wait i'm not a student. oh well. hey so i'm like not doing much, its weird. but next week maybe i'll be doing more stuff to fill you in with. hmmm

boredom I suppose. i havent put a guitar yet at my apartment. i'm lacking food so I gotta stock up on variety...lots of variety to make my food taste better. max what are some good necessary spices? tons of vegetables, potatoes I duno wont get into it here.

how longs it take to read one of these, if I started posting my videos would you guys watch? there probably ridiculous but thats okay.

so I said I was going crazy, but who am I everyones a little crazy. now its if its crazy good thats when something sweet can be done. okay this is one of those moments that reflects my art, did I talk to you guys about this or is that my video? should I tell you now or let you see the video? hmm well man this is repetitive if I tell you. okay here it is. i cut my hair, this is all a reflection okay. with just a thought. found scissors and started. went through without much thought, almost no thought actually. this is where some thought should have come in. thought process along the way allows for quality and meaning in each touch, in my case each snip. instead I proceed abstractly and spontaneously, like my last piece on the blog, did I post the picasso inspired vase with the big handle and markings in the clay? thats fun and completley spur the moment with a needle tool in hand. what an example everything reflects my artworkhmm funny. so instad of grabbing a mirror, I start snipping at the back, hmm hahah artwork is about expression and reaction, people react to seeing the back of my head hahaha, its not soo badhahah "the front looks good, but the back...its sad" yoseb. hahah i'll fix it...maybe. anyways umm so as in the boxes I made if I would have put quality in during the process I wouldn't have had to go back and scrape and rub at the leather hard more hard clay to make it symetric and nice. hmm will I be able to put quality in can I change? yeah i'll have to try, I gotta be good if Im gonna be a hongdae student. anyways I've got an advantage, thats i'm crazy...get over it. but I've heard that korean kids lack creativity and inspirations because they are forced to work so hard to just enter the college, drilled in drawing exercise to compete for the number of spots to be accepted. i've got tons of inspirations, tons of freedoms in mind and different exposures to art. but I've always wanted a little structure but i'll have to develop that on my own. study some korean ceramics is my goal, i'll let you know.

post college dream, go study under walter ostrum in nova scotia, neo majolica so I can glaze that little green pot with little gold details...no pressure. but serious, the workshop this summer, i should have focused, but now i've got that inspiration in mind and it can just marinate, weird word, in my mind. instead I brushed on what could have been a very delicate and precise, beautiful and elegant form of glazing but headed off with those impressionistic and abstract painters, wheres the experience. another thing i talked in my video, ive got interests but they are all underdeveloped, this is the time to start developing and make me one fine artist. i feel pressured to go eat so i should be going. post neomajolica go start my cafe, invite pat and hannah to co host, and live for a while and make a bad (good) cup of coffees. but who knows where that cafe'll be...exciting. laterssss art+coffee is chill peace.

No comments:

closet picture

closet picture