Tuesday, January 8, 2008

sooooo

umm i've been writing in my journal, so my thoughts are there. I'm in thailand as of now, bangkok. it has been a pretty productive day, touristy for the most part, hitting up buddha temples and other sorts of monuments. It was frustrating because we kept being treated like tourists all day, getting hassled and getting pushed to buy stuff. It was only until after dinner we started getting a feel for what life was really like around these parts...and its fucking cool. There were some breakers in this random park, dancing on some tiles with the lighting of some street lamps and some music from a small stereo. we watched for a while and I asked if I could take some pictures. it was pretty cool. Inspiration to get the courage to approach is in thanks to Sunni, what an awesome dude. Anyways me and pat headed to grab a drink, we walked down this road which was really close to where were staying, a step up but an equivalent to itaewon full of foreigners and travelers. but its all good, we didn't have to associate with most of those people. anyways we came to this sweet bar where there were mainly thai people chillen and listening to this dude playing guitar and doing thai covers. it felt like we were part of something, as of a local not being judged from where were from or who we are and stuff like that. Even the communication part wasn't a big deal, i offered the guy next to me a cig and he just lit mine for me, and pats, and during the whole part of trying to use body language he was just laughing and smiling, it was wayyyy chill. anyways were heading away from bankok to the prettiest places on earth, island hopping! yeaherrrr hahah. anyways i'm in the lobby of our hotel, its full of people from who knows where just chillen and watching bond on the big screen, its pretty chill and i'm about to head up to my room soon. i've been using a contax t2, and polished a pretty much 36 roll today, not bad not bad, some good pictures, some repetitive pictures, some lame pictures we'll see how it is. I hope yak is going to get in a dark room, theres going to be a need to do some personal developing on these over exposed, under exposed pics. should be cool. ohhh we got a thai massage, it was pertty sweet, like 180 baut or apprx 6 bucks, it was bommbbbb and hurt at times hahah. but I wouldn't mind giving a lady friend one of those sometime, a backrub is always nice. anyways korean girls are prettier than thai girls, sorry to generalize but there soooo damn cute hahha. the thai packs have gnarly images on them, its disgusting, but ohhh well. soo do i have any tips for traveling? hmm its okay to do some touristy things, but sometimes its too personal and too invading on the lives of the people who live here, its just not worth it. ie my boat ride through the backyards of homes, but the orchid farm was pretty sweet, some good smelling flowers here and there, and it was cool seeing them all growing out in the open, no need for temp setings, cooling systems, light systems, it was pretty bomb. I wish I felt like going into scenes, give you guys, so I can send my readers crystals, arm loads of crystals. hahahh (still life with woodpecker) its a good one. anywaysy go explore, think bigger, get outside your world even if your back home, find something that you've been itnerests in and explore it, its just worth it, try and experience something new and cool, theres a lot to be learned and valued in everywhere, the people, sceneary, cafes bars its cool finding new things about places. well thats my part, laterrrrrrrrrrrssssss

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm glad your having tons of fun peter! I want to see some of these photos!

closet picture

closet picture