Thursday, January 3, 2008

if you don't know... now you know ....

aright so I'm taking off for a month and a half to see south east asia and china.  I recommend if you get a chance take time and visit some other crazy place in the world.  It opens a ton of doors and lets you meet tons of cool people.  okay anyways i've got 15 rolls, I still need 5 more, to have 20, like the amount of cigarettes in a pack, I refer to this because of the book Still Life with Woodpecker, a very interesting read, pretty funny too.  anywho tonight, I got in a jam for the first time in over 4 months.  a beautiful singer, a wonderful drummer, and a nervous guitarist at your service.  haha anyways a man at this cafe was like would you like to play, or should I continue playing music, and after a little bit of hesitation, me and jake were like yeah we'll play!  aright so cool, started out one shaking off the shakes with an acoustic bells, pretty dece.  then went to a blues and thats where our lovely anna joined in with some blues and vocals, staying in key and being awesome.  jake loosened up and was making his way around the foreign drum set, drum sets are a technical instrument, not like picking up somebody elses guitar thats for sure.  then jake started the third song, on his drums it was nervous and didn't think I could pull anything together, I mean jamming back home the guitars usually lead the way, not the drums.  but I started goofing in my scale and found what I was going for, slides and a bit of a throw in here and there, with 2 note chords and such like that.  it was awesome having progression in music again, i've been missing that, thats why playing along BLOWS.  not always but its not the same as improving.  jake and I would work with each other slowing down, filling each others beats with a stroke or a hit, matching each other, resting and keepin it moving.  still ending is a bit hard, even for kreeble and us back home it is fantastic when it ends on beat but its aright its our first jam!  well i've been pretty chilled today, just going with the flow of things.  oh tomorrow, its a big day, I go to my teachers studio for the first time to visit what its like.  its about an hour out of seoul, and I think i'm going to need to extend for a travel visa or a work visa, cause I'm going to be with this man for like another year or even more!  well i'll let you guys know tomorrow what its like, and If I like it and such.  I hope more of you guys are reading this and i'll try and stay updated.  well hope you enjoy.  peace and love brothas and sistas

No comments:

closet picture

closet picture