Friday, February 1, 2008

oh the places you'll go

okay so Im trying to soak and not suck. does that make sense? almost to the point where I wan't to be a part of where I am, to a point where I don't take pictures, don't say a word but just be present. To look and soak in what is around me, the people, the differences in life, the quality of life, the simplicity of things compared to what I would call home. They must live completely different lives but that doesn't change feelings, their still happy, with friends and family, full of joy and love. They go through hard times, difficulties sitting outside in the cold, trying to make the days pay, to feed family and continue living, thats gotta be tough. i'd say I have it pretty good with my 8.50 an hour green house job, i'd say I have it easy too comparted to some of these people. but thats something else and I'm from a differen't place so its good experiencing this life, their life. I don't know what else to say for it. but back to not sucking, I 've nearly lost the will to take photos, I don't want to be identified as a traveler, when I stay plugged in and just meander and wander, i'm Veit haha YEAH RIGHT! but when I take out a camera, when I say anything to my friends, we're already classified. thast the thing thats to bad, language, man it'd be benficial to study out of a book for a month before hitting these places up, I think that'll be something I'll try and do in the future, just to make an effort instead of being this american who makes you try and speak his language.. and plus we get ripped off but whats it matter to me i've got money right? wrong i'd rather buy more or tip more not be fooled and schooled into just giving my money to them, I mean life is cheap here, but I'm trying to live this life. but anyways i'm wearing gloves cuz its cold in this internet room, and theres kid playing games and dude smoking cigarette, and me sitting and writing. its a grungy little run down spot down some random narrow alley way, but I hope its nearly dinner time, cause i'm always hungry. I hope pat feels better, we've classified his symptoms as travelers diaharea, that sucks. I have fought a cold I had coming with soups and fruit, i haven't come down with this bacterial; bull shit. lets hope for the best that I don't. well were just chillen in hanoi, sitting at another cafe, staying up late waking up late, thats just today...and catching flicks, a jack nicholson one a bit older he was quite young and then were going to see another tonight hannah probably has the names of hte movies I just dont' remember. arighty i'll catch you guys later. peace

No comments:

closet picture

closet picture