Saturday, August 9, 2008

as I eat my morning cornflakes

I had a dream, a dream where everything that could go wrong in driving in a minnesota winter happened...well would this happen...period?

short and sweet here we go.

so max picks me up from my house. and I just see the headlights pull in so I exit out my front door. probably around 7 or 8 and the only light that is really visible is from the family room. with a chillen mom reading a book.

I hollar and I leave. I get in the car and the first thing we pretty much do is hook up the ipod to the cassette player, and I grab for the ipod but he insists on picking the music. I don't mind. so we get going and I'm like whens the show..do we have to to grab a bite? hes like yeah we do how about here and here (forget) so we're at the intersection by hollywood and byerlys, with the 2 turn lanes and the straight lane. we're in the middle lane and as we decided where to eat we had to go straight instead of turning, so this is all in the winter, slushy roads black ice low visibility. and we kinda spin out a little and make our way to the right lane, sort of cutting this jeep off. he just lays on his horn and he doesn't stop. i'm like dude take it easy cause we're distracted we don't turn into those small strip malls where game stop and stuff are and we're at the intersection by ridgedale library and plymouth rd. and without stopping we just slip and enter into the intersection pull a big Uie right in front of incoming traffic and start heading back into the strip mall. cause we have to make aleft and maybe cause the lines were'nt visible we were driving right into uncoming traffic and the honking starts again. is this a metaphor? anyways they yield cause they have to and we start turning in but we're blocked because a bunch of peopler are standing in the road watching the commotion. we're like move so this lady and man in front of her suv like try moving bu tthey dont, so somebody invisible grabs the lady from behind and she like gets dragged/disappears beneath the car, as her hand is disappearing she grabs the man and lik ecartoons he disappears as well. as we manage to park at that moment an angry mob comes thats been following us, that jeep guy cause we eventually turned intot he same mall he did comes up to us, and about 10 people pick up maxs car above their heads and start throwing it up and down like tossing a person. and I though they could manage but end up dropping his car onto the side. we're like wtf and as we go into get our sandwiches, I look over at the jeep man and his wife and they're wearing matching overalls and red flannel shirts and I'm like couple ts! so I like make a heart over my head and compliment them and the what was angry jeep driver looks and smiles over. so strange. so we get our sandwiches max has to do something so hes like d you have pen, and I dig in the cup on the counter for a pen but only find one, and I look over at max and he already has a pen and theres like 10 more pens in the cup. and I think then I wake up. okay church bye

No comments:

closet picture

closet picture