Wednesday, September 28, 2011

fueling dreams in library books

I want a nice home, with a big kitchen. With wood floors and white walls similar to a home you may find in a country side; or even in a neighborhood such as Wayzata.

I dont know if I ever will own such a place. I'd like to think I will, with many different peoples congregating together in the kitchen and living room; as it may be a sort of sanctuary from the hectic unpredictable lives we live. Maybe i'm invisioning a real "real worlds".

I feel in order to make it perfect, I need to make it with my own hands. Which is somewhat difficult, I'll have to learn how to be a plumber, electrictian, architecht, carpenter, designer, and so forth.

In order to achieve such things, I need money. Yet I dont want the central focus of my life to be money. But its funny how it becomes that. The fields I am entering are hit or miss. Be rich or be broke. My no name band has one song. Yes! We are a long way from fame whether we want it or not. I make a tenth of the production cost in shooting photos or videos in weddings. Allen is an artistic genious and prodigy. He is amazing, and he has the business and marketing skills to see this through. These two things I like and are good.

I like many things. I like print making; I have been sensing more and more that I need to start silk screening and letterpressing. These two techniques I know very little about. I really dislike school, but I like worshops and seminars and so forth. I also like pottery, sometimes. I'm a natural at glass blowing but I have a feeling I am not going to pursue that. I'm learning how to weld next week. I feel that will come useful in building my home someday. Typography will probably come into play with printmaking and poster design, which I can use for weddings and concerts. Pottery will be great for bringing culture and character into the kitchen of my Jesus commune. My metal working skills can be used to create weapons when my neighbor renaissance commune desides to zachattack.

I have a lot of things I want to do with my life. I should realize that its okay if I dont get to it all, I can't fulfill my full potential. Jesus didn't, so I shouldn't expect to either.

And as of now, I'm a lazy college student that is taking one baby step at a time, fueling dreams through library books, with a thought that chances are I wont have that much money but thats okay. I also like to write, but its a blog with 9 followers.

And I like people.

No comments:

closet picture

closet picture