Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I just got home from an amazing evening. Maybe a moment, one of those moments. I met up with some bros I meet up every week, chill, talk through stuff, encourage, and pray. I got some stuff i've been really working through into the open; I've just been sad lately about how my parents got divorced. I'm finally grieving it.

Instead of taking the narrow bridge home, I took the roundabout on the river. I biked as fast as I possibly could, almost as if I was flying and being freed from my sorrow. I glided past those on the right (slow pokes) as I was watching the scenery mix beautifully with the beautiful sweet music play in my ears phones. I moved swiftly like a fine tuned machine; I have gotten to know my bicycle very well and have learned to trust in it. His name is bike. Down shifting up hills, up shifting to push through into the higher speeds, man was it fun. I stopped in front of Yeouido Full Gospel (the worlds largest church imagine that) and climbed the stairs to cross the wider bridge. I made my way across, passing the bird sanctuary on the island below me. I decided to get on the road because around this time (10:00 pm) the side streets are pretty empty. I proceeded to bike as fast as I could, and climbed a steep slope, feeling like Lance Armstrong hurrying to catch the remaining of green light. When I broke the intersection there was an amazing hill going downward. At the bottom I entered a tunnel made of trees and branches. The roof narrowed and brought me comfort and joy. I stretched my arms out and was just in awe of the romance I was experiencing. It felt like NYC riding with Shiraz...everywhere. I started getting the feeling I was so near my dad. I felt like he was so proud of me, so happy for me; just because I was so happy. I felt like I was riding the first bike he gave me.

I wish I could have shared it with somebody, somebody who likes to go fast.

Anyways I've been listening to; Trampled by Turtles, Album Leaf (a favorite now) has been on my repeat, and the books (a ton of fun) I've been shaking the rust off at school, throwing my different cylinders and such and such, I start blowing glass again in a couple of weeks, i've been getting along great with my friends at school, I finally got a friend I can call up at every lunch and dinner opportunity (man I've missed that since my freshman year of college, the first time) Things are good, rough, but good.

My sister is getting married in Cancun this winter, if I know you well, lemme know if you want to come!

No comments:

closet picture

closet picture