Monday, January 26, 2009

theres ice gathering like a piles of broken glass along the shore reflecting light like crystal, there are peices as clear as my carl zeiss lense and there are some foggy peices like you cold windshield. and you can see cracks in the ice like a spider web just an image from eternal sunshine when they are laying on the ice together, all while the water underneath makes everything crackle and pop with the shifting of movement that seems so restricted by the inches on top. all the while me being quite still trying to spread my feet to no put pressure on the ice where i'm trying to take my picture and everything is freezing not getting proper exposures because the sun is so bright and fearful of my frozen death that could possibly await underneath. This all happened because neumiller and I wanted some coffee up in Duluth and because the bakery we stopped into couldnt serve coffee anymore because they would get taxed some bs. how perfect would essential cookies and coffee be? anyways we made found ourselves at the lakewalk taking pictures of red berries against a cold tint of what seemed blue and the high sun coming through some pine trees. and we went into the park to the edges where what was written above was experienced. Theres so much I am hungry for but they seem just out of my grasp. It feels just I would love to do it but I just need an outside push to go do it. I'm in love with it but I just dont know how to go get it. Like get to the boundary waters or paddle in the peugot sound or take a canoe/kayak trip from point a to b. I suppose I'm out of season...way out where my feet and hands are cold sitting inside by my little oil heater. its cold! Finally... finally. after however long its been since i've been home talib kweli and hi tek. yes.

that was three days ago. today is the 1st. super bowl sunday

No comments:

closet picture

closet picture