Monday, January 28, 2013

mind dwellers

its interesting how easy it is to sway from being fine to being totally discouraged. why is that. how is it that our minds are so quick to agree with the we cant and submit to the negative possibilities.

i felt burdened in my heart this evening. i couldn't see past working minimum wage, with a college degree, a handful of things i'm pretty good at, and not able to make a cent from it. it took a great deal to overcome. a swaying of my mind, back and forth, able, not able, encouraged, discouraged. one of the most memorable things a friend has said to me is 'don't think so much'

i guess i'm trying to apply that as best i can.

anyways, i'm a partner in a wonderful photography business. its our business. why do i act otherwise? things will fall into place, i just need to stop despising this humble beginning. minimum wage humble beginning...

3 comments:

Jme-Grey said...

Hi Peter, don't know if you remember me, but that's besides the point. In response to this post that I just happened to randomly come across while trying to brush the dust off my blog (haha), I must say that (I think) what you're feeling is just a feeling (a temperament that can be squelched with the right weather, movie, or snack). Truth is that God has placed you where you are with what you have for a great testimony to save others, relish your great gifts and be dauntless about being a light in dark places. All of which you probably are aware of, but it also helps me to remind myself the same thing when I write it to encourage another.

peter said...

thank you, really, for sharing.

and refresh my memory please?

Jme-Grey said...

I don't really remember how I know you, but you were in Korea at the time I was studying there. I believe you knew my friend Seong-ah, so maybe she introduced us at one point? Or we met at church or at yonsei's christian club? haha. It's all a blur after 25.

closet picture

closet picture