Thursday, September 16, 2010

I love friends for the character they show. I'm looking at two pictures; one is of Max and another of Andrew. They both gave me these goofy smiles looking straight at me. Their expression is joyful and comfortable. It still feels as though they are looking at me now with exactly the same heart.

I love friends because things don't really change. The best part traveling home was reminiscing on old memories. When we sat around Andrew's place and listened to music and just talked, it reminded me of when we used to sit around his parents house and talk about life. (and about how much I missed Catherine...the girlfriend that never got talked to haha) That's probably what I think I miss most about not being able to hang out with him, he and I would philosophy about girls, God, plans and purposes. He was, and will always be a really loving cat with a really warm heart.

I'm always happy to explore and see where the night takes me. Max and I decided to go on a journey one evening when I didn't have that many days left. Journeys with Max are really memorable and deep. He just knows how to treat me to a good time. We went skating in downtown Minneapolis and hit a couple of the spots that I have been passing for years. We took pictures down by Stone Arch Bridge and met a couple of guys cat fishing. Max had some rolling tobacco so we we're able to share to them a smoke and they were really chill and easy going. Afterward we hit up the Kitty Kat Klub, its a strip club... jk. It was this super swanky, chill bar that had different couches and lamps and mirrors and decorations everywhere. It had a dance floor with a pillar in the worst place possible, but that is aright. We shot some pool over Russian (what kind?) beer that took about forty minutes to drink (which is how you are supposed to drink it) They even played the music from Menikmati, It was over then, I fell in love with the evening. We proceeded to another bar by the Dinkidome and caught PB and Jam. The stage was far to small, but man did those guys put on a grooving show with loud electrics, funky bass lines, and a brass section that actually fit. We had a couple of Surly brew's there. (Minnesota has got to have some of the best brewing, maybe I'm biased, but ask my friends, they are connoisseurs.

How are my paragraphs? What questions do they stir that I may not be answering? I'm taking a writing course, and man am I missing the basics.

Reminding me of a sick sick sick roof party I went to where we caught the last act of Phone Home. It just a keyboard and a drummer, but seeing that dude play with that much passion and force had me moving. They were great musicians, lit up by a projector, with the roofs of Brooklyn buildings as their backdrop. They were eyes down, ears open, and following the music. So sick. When we went down to our bikes the drummer walked past and I just gave him mad props, and he was so humble and received it all, and thanked us like ten times. That's the night I got a hole in my tube. (the day we replaced it though, we were pumping air into it to see if it was an actual leak, and it popped and omg my ears were ringing probably as bad as somebody slapping you in your ear. (although i've never had that happen to me)

Riding my bicycle has probably been the best thing in my life lately. I feel the rush when I dive through traffic, I feel like I'm in a race when I'm skidding corners, and plus my body is my motors power plant. (to bad I'm not taking more care of this body, who catches cold's in the summer?)

Guess what, finally after three years, friends are visiting! Beautiful Maggie won't be traveling by herself, hello Amar, thank you for joining. Lets make your guy's trip epic.

The girls keep getting cuter, and I'm still trying to figure out how to keep my mind focused on things that actually matter. Who knew the waltz could kindle the nostalgia of dancing with a partner. 'Laura', with a snoozy Kiwi accent.


Is asking what your doing on the weekend a trigger for, 'why? you want to take me on a date?' Am I that big of a flirt? I look at any daydream of a relationship at this point and imagine how bad its going to suck trying to break up with her. (that wasn't the case with my most recent because I really fought hard to make it work, kind of blinded by love I guess.) So I know I shouldn't, and hopefully I wont, but how do, and why would you, not date in hopes of finding your soul mate? I need a males perspective.

That got side tracked.

2 comments:

na choih said...

Are you in Minneapolis? P.S. Your writing is getting better; there is structure now.

peter said...

thanks donna. no i'm not.

ur not still in cali are u?

I might be coming to washington next year for a glass conference, hopefully we can meet up.

closet picture

closet picture