Tuesday, December 16, 2008

entertaining ......

not much time but iäll swing this out.

so im in europa. spent my first week in florence with my buddy max. its great meeting back up with him. we talked, laughed, goofed off all like old times. we had to break down some distances but now we are just having fun. most of the time in florence was spent at his school, which I thought I wrote about...hmmm but its a nice little town. when finals ended and we said our farewells we started our journey.

first stop we saw katharina, she picked us up from the train station on a couple hours of sleep in the way to early in the morning. with that we were welcomed home, met the fam, ate breakfast and then headed to the alps to snowboard! i went head over heals more than once but that was so fun on an open face of a huge mountain covered with real snow, it was pretty amazing. pretty sure I want to head to whistler for holiday... then we got back home and chilled, had gluwein a warm wine homemade style and had a bunch of company over for dinner at kats (rata, chix) haha and met a bunch of her wonderful wonderful friends. they know all about you my chingoos, an I it was pretty touching. then the next day we headed sledging down another huge mountain. When we awoke on the day of our leaving we were picked up on foot by bernie to head to his house to jam with him and fro, max and I. It all started with bernie hitting the drums, the base coming in, then we all came in pretty hard together. It was a very full sound, we were able to share our styles the evening before, and through this jam it really portraited our different sounds to contribute to something that was pretty funky, but slowed down at times, with the power of solid drums propelling us, at times one of us wouldnt know where we were, but the others would keep the set together. im in salzburg for a day then we are heading to vienna tomorrow to see Jack, from freshman year...what the? and silvia :) A friend of Kats named fro different from jam fro took us to salzburg to stay in his home. I have met true hospitality on this trip already, and I hope I learn more than a thing or two about being friendly. The last post about not talking to people, man devil got my tongue, but I loosened up and have been enjoying conversation and company of many nice and different people. And with the speaking I learn about differences in the countries, opinions from different perspectives and just enjoyment of a different sense of humor. We shared a moments mocking the onboard computer in a car, the confusion of what we listened to at the jazz bar, and then about cultures in our countries.

so I continue my writing from jacks place, an old building with nice high ceilings, plastor walls, and random drawings, posters, ashtrays, beer bottles, guitars tapestries all sort of a comfort of clutter. I would enjoy living in a home like this, wooden floors, old and crappy in a good way. not to mention the building, halls, staircases are all very photogenic. so we should be hitting the town shortly, hopefully we will be seeing silvia tonight for dinner and punch. later.

No comments:

closet picture

closet picture