Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I'm sitting in a room full of people from Minnesota, yet I an unable to really speak a word. It doesnt feel like its my place to try and converse for some reason or another, even though these are the people Max has spent his semester with, in this small cosy, but chilly quarters that is there school lounge. Walking in the cobblestone alleys we just walk into an unasuming building with a big wooden door to be greated by a high ceilinged arched iron gate. We walk up some marble stair cases in the really dimly lit cooridor, and on the middle balcony there are they two huge mirros that just make you feel like your not a part of this world anymore. at the top of the stairs we walk through a pair of white painted doors and are welcomed by warm lights, peach yellow walls and a nice secretary and teacher who introduce themselves with a name that was quite pretty but I dont think I caught it correctly. And now I'm sitting here making something of my time, waiting on Max while he is in Italian class, I'll have my five minutes of fame shortly when I'm his show and tell. Fun...

I've really struggled lately, i've been put into more than one situation where my time would be better entertained by a conversation, but unwilling to talk and sort of put myself out, i've restricted myself from doing so. But I dont really complain about it, because if theres anything meaningful about conversation, it wont be forced, and it'll come with a little bit more time. I guess this is my post on language again. Max's roomates are pretty chill, really nice guys, and while max and I just chill and laugh, they'll swing in the room, say whats up and share a few laughs and word. Sometimes we just have to skip the b.s. small talk and get on with it. I like that because it allows you to just share instead of try and know. Its to live and not to imagine what life is like. But its weird how its sort of backwards, instead of the small talk first, you get to know each other by just being you, and not about the things that are said. But later in the relationship it seems that we need to talk about the things that havent been spoken yet. So I had a pretty fun moment just brushing my teeth with max and jeff, and it just reminded me of when Neus, Max and I used to just joke around while we would wash up for bed and just crack jokes at each other. It'll be good to mess around with my friends again, its been nearly years.

So I was greeted by Max, and when he went up to pull out the keys to his room, a bag of pot came out with it. I picked it up and was like here man you dropped this. But as much as I was tempted to be like, what the heck, for ol times sake, I respected that Max didn't like getting up anymore, and I had no intention of making my best friend stumble. So with that, I have overcame, thank you. And if I can over come with it in my face in the new beauty of where I am, then I believe I can overcome...forever more.

Anyways I emailed my dad, mom, and sister. My dad sent me back a very wise email about the struggles I face, will face, and how I will grow as an outcome. I just told her I was with Max, she'll be happy, and I asked my sister if we could take a weekend trip, maybe to AZ to see our family, or head to Seattle to see her best friend. I'll hope we can take a trip together, and maybe Yakatan can tag along. We'll see what happens. I hope to see you soon.

So I just had my five minutes of fame, and Max's Italian maybe with another couple of months could probably move one of you females in a way only a foreign language could. So after they said thank you I asked these two kids in Max's class, "did you guys go to wayzata highschool? is your name Sebastien?? Yeah I thought so, I had math class with you." Super random but very amusing at the same time.

Yeah I suppose the cappacino is still stirring inside, giving my excitement of what just happen in a weird joy inside of me. The bakeries are good though, jelly filled croissants and pretty cafe workers make these places a nice hang out.

Maybe I'll loosen up and actually make something meaningful with the kids in this room. I'll leave it up in the air.

Later

No comments:

closet picture

closet picture