Tuesday, February 5, 2013

time to build

how depressing these posts have been lately...

i went out on the mountain yesterday. there was a ton of fresh fallen snow. i took my sweet time in the late morning to meander around the apartment, and then i headed out after lunch to my go to trail up line 6. i had the intention to go snap some photos. i wanted to rekindle the flame for photography. as i climbed and took pictures, explored and observed, i had moments where my mind was empty, and other passing moments of mental traffic. when i am able to take a step back and take a look at where i am going, it feels like korea is a blank canvas for me to begin to work. i saw a bunch of boulders and rock faces that were crying to me, 'climb me!' i thought, what am i waiting for? i complain there is no one to do it with, i just need to forerun it till the right partners come along. today as i was taking a moments peace, it was really nice slowing down and getting deep with God like i used to in my old room. dim lit, really reminded me of minnesota, even my franklin ave pad. that in itself was really good. felt like it had been a while since i was able to really express and process what was going on. today at the cafe, the owner and i were talking about studios and spaced. it was interesting, but the image of the studio we were looking at was a bit claustrophobic but it looked like a real art space. its been reoccurring to me lately that i need to get a space to work in. i need to call joker, to see if he can mentor me in climbing. i need to go to the neighbor roaster and get some advice on building a dark room. i need to find some people wanting to split an art space. a place to make music, loud music. a place to building and collaborate, grind, sand and weld stuff. its time to build. its time to move. 

No comments:

closet picture

closet picture