Friday, January 21, 2011

I had the best afternoon the other day. The worst to best I mean.

I got super restless while having lunch with a couple of friends. They thought they have peeved me in some way, maybe, but I just had to get outside after sitting in a cafe all morning.

I grabbed my board, leashed my dog and then made my way through streets, crooks and crannies, cobblestone pathways and found myself at a half frozen river. The sun was low as I followed the different walking paths towards the sky park. 하늘공원. I remember I had seen a skatepark while I was chilling up there so I journeyed in search of it. On the way i'd been praying and searching for some manual pads, and voila, the most amazing set of wide stairs and concrete benches appeared at the edges of the river. It makes a beautiful shot but I just might be fishing skateboards in the spring. I ollied up and down and weaved my path through ice and snow to proceed on my journey. The sky was turning pink and dark blue, I kept thinking to myself, I wish I had a girl here, but that'd make it that much worse, its a moment that couldn't be shared. The park was ridiculous, so cool, yet made me think, hmm a real skateboarder must have no designed this. It was all banks and pyramids, with super steep ledges and rails, it'll be fun when I shovel some paths clean. It had these super long ledges that have c bends in them, but the coping was rusting so I'll have to bring a decent amount of wax. I goofed off on the half pipe a bit then when to go look for my dog who has been running wild and free as I have been skating. Its the best when I whistle and I see her head jerk a little bit, usually she doesn't come right away, but when she starts bolting towards me, its a beautiful sight. I continued skating around and you wouldn't probably know but when your kick flip goes 3/4s and you land primo, that really sucks. as I lay, tail bone aching, facing the sky, it reminds me of all the other times i've been in this position, a little to tired to move, but enjoying life. That was the best.

So privileged.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

pete i love this post.

closet picture

closet picture